Monday, September 27, 2010

Chapter 5 Reflection: Computers in the Learning Environment

It was interesting to look inside a computer. I have taken old ones apart before, but didn't really know what I was looking at.  Kinda boring chapter.
 
Sugata Mitra: The Child-driven education, he has many neat ideas. Letting children use their own creativity to figure situations out  without teacher instructions is a good technique.  This way of teaching could be used in every grade level, I think, but not the only type of learning. He was fun to listens to!

Cooltoolsforschool has many ideas for just about any kind of curriculm.  I don't know that I have a favorite one, to many to look at.  I know alot of teachers that use this website.   I do like the creativity tools.  There are so many, could use at home or at school. Many different grade levels too!       

1 comment:

  1. There was a time when the "computer teacher" needed to know about hardware because they were often the ones expected to do troubleshooting. It isn't that way as much anymore.

    I think the video was more about how students can learn information when they are interested in it, not necessarily about the computer. The one thing we can't replicate here is the lack of distractions.

    Hopefully you can think of one tool to talk about tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete