Monday, September 13, 2010

Chapter 3 Reflection: Designing and Planning Technology Enhanced Instruction

First of all, I enjoyed the video of Adora Svitak.  She is an amazing young lady.  The next day after class, I showed this video to my family, which all had different opinions of her. My husband thought she had  much  to say and was impressed but wondered how many other young people have the same intellect but never had the opportunity to show it. (Because of lack money or lack parents pushing or the lack of opportunity).  That part is sad.  My fourteen year old daughter, thought she was very smart and liked what she had said and wondered the same things as her father, but also said she was an extremely spoiled brat----go figure!? My youngest, who is 11 said, she was brave to talk in front of so many people but also spoiled. She wonders what she does for fun. I would like to know more about her background.
In chapter 3, the DID Model, seems to be very complete design for each step of the process.  I think this model is a "common sense way of teaching" it just has a name put to it. It seems like its hard but if I think about the steps in this model, we do them everyday  in the classroom. The classroom that I am in, we have k thru 3rd, so we have several different lesson plans for several different students, eventually they become easy to plan and they most always end up being changed because you never know what will happen next in our room so we improvise!  Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. I love how you take things from the classroom and share it with your family. I wonder why your kids thought Adora was spoiled? Maybe it has something to do with the way she addresses the adults in the audience. She doesn't seem to act like she is submissive to the adults which might cause other kids to feel she is too precocious.

    I am glad the DID model makes sense to you. Maybe you will be able to incorporate it into designing your own lesson plans. Do you think we should spend some more time talking about planning lessons with technology?

    ReplyDelete