Monday, October 18, 2010

Chapter 7 Reflection: Administrative Software

I thought this chapter was going to be boring at first but some of the software talked about, I was thinking of several uses in our classroom. Word processing in the classroom is used frequently in our building.  Spreadsheets not so often, but using them as a progress sheet in meeting goals from IEP's would be "handy".  Database system for student information is useful too.

I guess I've been evaluating software all the time -in my head-  just not using a software evaluation rubric.  That was new to me.

1 comment:

  1. Usually when we have a specific task we have a specific tool. Using a spreadsheet as a checklist for meeting IEP goals is interesting, but is it the best choice? There is so many choices out there that sometimes it is difficult to make decisions about what will be useful.

    ReplyDelete